July 07, 2015

Two new quilt block patterns today

Union Square quilt block image © W. Russell, patchworksquare.com
I'm pretty happy today with my latest achievement -- moving my website to a new location and getting it online once again. So, why not some quotes about achievements?

Now down to business ...

Today's first featured block is a variation of the Ohio Star quilt block (an old favourite of quilters), called Union Square. I chose colours for this block with little girls in mind, but it would look amazing in any number of colour combinations.

The next quilt block was new to me -- called Z Cross. (I was wanting to create a block starting with "Z" to fill out my alphabetical list of blocks.)

At first glance, this appeared to me to be a really "ho hum" block, but when I designed some quilts using this block, I was very pleasantly surprised. You can see below what I came up with, but I did not want to show a picture of the actual block,  because you would likely never be interested. Click on the image or the text link to see the block for yourself.

Z Cross quilt images © W. Russell, patchworksquare.com
Z Cross sample quilts



images © W. Russell, patchworksquare.com

No comments:

Post a Comment