July 20, 2015

Copper is part of today's fun fact.

Arizona quilt block
Today's featured quilt block is called Arizona. How interesting that I used shades of "copper" in my sample block because, unbeknownst to me, copper is the most abundant mineral in the state, and Arizona leads the 50 states in copper production.

I am sure there are blocks for each individual state, and perhaps I will get to all of those ... someday. But for today, let's focus on using some half square triangles and some flying geese units.

This is an easy block to construct and the arrangement is similar to many other blocks. That is one of the great things about making quilts ... with slight variations to the colour and/or placement of the individual pieces, you get a whole new block. I have listed some links below for other blocks similar to Arizona.

Click on the Arizona image or download the free quilt block pattern here.

Other quilt blocks that are similar to Arizona
~ Checkerboard Star
~ Hands of Friendship
~ Lucky Clover
~ Maple Star (the block I use as my logo on Patchwork Square)

Today's Wise Thoughts

  • "Our lives improve only when we take chances - and the first and most difficult risk we can take is to be honest with ourselves."
    ~ Walter Anderson

  • "Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are."
    ~ Chinese Proverb

'Arizona' quilt block image © W. Russell, patchworksquare.com

No comments:

Post a Comment