April 24, 2014

I'm a Klutz -- What can I say?

Broken Dishes Cross quilt block
Broken Dishes Cross
I've been dropping things frequently and so I thought the perfect quilt block to showcase today would be Broken Dishes Cross.  How appropriate -- I have lots of broken dishes and as my grandmother would say "That makes me cross."  (It's funny how you don't hear that term much any more, but I remember well how my grandma would get "cross".)

What is hilarious to me now, is that I just went on a search for a free photo of some broken dishes. Can't find a free one  -- and since I have already cleaned up my latest fiasco, I'm not about to smash something new for a photo op. I'm sure you can use your imagination. 

So on that note, here are some quotes that struck my funnybone (but didn't break it).

  • "I love being married. It's so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life."
    ~ Rita Rudner
  • "In the beginning there was nothing. God said, 'Let there be light!' And there was light. There was still nothing, but you could see it a whole lot better."
    ~ Ellen DeGeneres
  • "Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart."
    ~ Erma Bombeck
  • "Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic."
    ~ Dave Barry

  • and finally, what would a list of funny quotes be without the special take on life by Yogi Berra ...

  • "You should always go to other people's funerals, otherwise, they won't come to yours."
    ~ Yogi Berra

Broken Dishes Cross quilt block image © W. Russell, patchworksquare.com

No comments:

Post a Comment