|Earth Day - April 22|
It was interesting to me that many of the quotes I have chosen to feature were made by scientists. Who better to show us the way?
Quotes about nature
- "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better."
~ Albert Einstein
- "Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
- "Until a man duplicates a blade of grass, Nature can laugh at his so-called scientific knowledge. Remedies from chemicals will never stand in favorable comparison with the products of Nature, the living cell of a plant, the final result of the rays of the sun, the mother of all life."
~ Thomas Edison
- "Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of the earth."
~ Henry David Thoreau
- "Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money."
~ Cree Indian Proverb
A side note:
Today would have been my Dad's 92nd birthday. I'm sure he is on a heavenly golf green today smiling down on the beautiful earth. You are missed Dad.
"Butterfly on purple flower" - Image courtesy of SOMMAI / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
"Butterfly Parade" quilt block image © W. Russell, patchworksquare.com