April 27, 2017

Woven Four Patch quilt block

Well hello again. It's been a while.

Actually, I have been blogging all along, but I had deviated on a different course, which divided my focus. Now, after much thought, I just wanted to get back to my first passion -- and that is making quilts.

Woven Four Patch quilt block image © Wendy Russell
Woven Four Patch quilt block

Today's featured quilt block -- Woven Four Patch -- is one that could not be simpler to sew -- as it contains only squares and rectangles. The fun begins when you make lots of these blocks and then start to play around with the layout of the quilts.

In the two sample quilts illustrated below, you will notice how very different they look from each other. The quilt on the right looks (at least to me) kind of like a plaid, while the quilt on the left had a border made of three quarter square triangles giving a look of a "picket fence".

Woven Four Patch sample quilts - images © Wendy Russell
Woven Four Patch sample quilts


Download the free quilt block pattern and see what I have also included in the way of extra instructions as a bonus!

All images © W. Russell, patchworksquare.com

This website uses cookies. By using the services and products of this website, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn more ...

No comments:

Post a Comment