June 26, 2015

Vanna ... spin me a letter.

Wheel of Fortune quilt block
The Wheel of Fortune is a nine patch quilt block, and is an easy one to construct. It uses one of my favourite patches -- the three-quarter square triangle. This patch is not used as frequently as many others, but I like it because it gives the quilter a chance to utilize both the common half square triangle and the quarter square triangle patches. See if you can pick out which triangle is which.

I guess you realize that I just couldn't resist these quotes due to the title of this quilt block.

From those famous "Wheel of Fortune" word wizards

    Wheel of Fortune image courtesy http://www.wheeloffortune.com/
  • "If I went in to pitch this show to a network, I would be laughed out of the room."
    ~ Pat Sajak

  • "Sometimes you just stumble into something that works, and here I am a quarter of a century later."
    ~ Pat Sajak

  • "Anyone who has seen me spin that heavy, giant wheel on television knows that I'm not a steroid user."
    ~ Pat Sajak

  • "I enjoy getting dressed as a Barbie doll.
    ~ Vanna White"

  • "When I was having that alphabet soup, I never thought that it would pay off.
    ~ Vanna White"

  • "It's not the most intellectual job in the world, but I do have to know the letters.
    ~ Vanna White"


'Wheel of Fortune' quilt block image © W. Russell, patchworksquare.com
'Wheel of Fortune' image courtesy http://www.wheeloffortune.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment