July 23, 2014

It's Blueberry Season!

Well what could be more appropriate in 'blueberry season' (at least it is where I live), than to introduce you to a quilt block called Blueberry Compote?

This quilt block surprised me once I started playing around with it. Originally I had it designed using three colours, but decided the resultant quilts were sort of 'ho-hum'. So, by adding a complementary colour in small portions, I thought this was just the spark it needed. So, you be the judge.

Download the free quilt block pattern.


Blueberry Compote © W. Russell, patchworksquare.com
Blueberry Compote


Just because I wanted to get this blog posted with this new block, I don't have any quotes about blueberries picked out (pardon the poor pun), but here is a bit of a potpourri of quotes to brighten your day.

  • "How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being."
    ~ Oscar Wilde

  • "The expectations of life depend upon diligence; the mechanic that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools."
    ~ Confucius

  • "We owe a lot to Thomas Edison - if it wasn't for him, we'd be watching television by candlelight."
    ~ Milton Berle

  • "If you don't want anyone to know, don't do it."
    ~ Chinese Proverb

Blueberry Compote image(s) © W. Russell, patchworksquare.com

No comments:

Post a Comment